Digital Bulletin: May 17, 2020 AM
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Note: Recorded items can be played directly from this page in the section below the bulletin order of worship.
- Announcements (Recorded)
- Call to Worship: Exodus 15:2 (Recorded)
- Hymn: Holy Holy Holy (Link below)
- Childrens' Catechism Recitation & Supporting Text (Recorded)
- #136 Q: Who should partake of the Lord's Supper?A: Only those who repent of their sins, believe in Christ of salvation, and love their fellow men.
- Supporting Text:
- For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in thenight in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it andsaid, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same way Hetook the cup also after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, asoften as you drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as you eat this bread and drink thecup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.Therefore whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner,shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. But a man must examine himself, and inso doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks, eats anddrinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly. For this reason many amongyou are weak and sick, and a number sleep. But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would notbe judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not becondemned along with the world.So then, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another. If anyone ishungry, let him eat at home, so that you will not come together for judgment. The remainingmatters I will arrange when I come.1 Corinthians 11: 23-34
- #136 Q: Who should partake of the Lord's Supper?
- Pastoral Prayer & Assurance of Pardon (Recorded)
- Hymn: Before the Throne of God Above (Link below)
- Scripture Reading & Sermon: Commitment (Recorded)
- Hymn: How Deep the Father's Love for Us (Link below)
- Benediction 2 Thessalonians 3:5 (Recorded)
- Doxology: Gloria Patri (Link below)
Call to Worship
Children's Catechism & Supporting Text